The Vocational Training Agency “Colline Astigiane” works in the tourist – hotel area and suggests initial vocational training courses and updating courses.
The Vocational Training Agency is a training centre accredited by Piedmont Region and thanks to funds from European Union, Ministry of Education, University and Research, Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Policy and Social Security, Piedmont Region and Province of Asti, it can project and dispense vocational training activity and vocational guidance.
The experience in development of professional skills aimed at enhancing human resources and local environment means for “Colline Astigiane” a unique element of competitiveness. That engages in a continuous process of analyzing the question of territorial and organizational planning, to manage a more detailed and flexible vocational request.
- For young people in Compulsory Education, the Agency offers the choice of training two – year and three – year vocational qualification courses for the profession of Restaurant Operator in the areas of kitchen and bar – room, qualification recognized in competitions and required to start a business.
- Furthermore, young people in possession of a two-year and three-year qualification will have access to experimental course finalized at Vocational Diploma (as a fourth year of training three-year course).
- For the young people and adults, unemployed and employed, who wish to enter or re – enter in the work world, the Agency offers various training opportunities to obtain qualifications, specializations, skills or attendances to afternoon or evening courses, even short – term, acquiring or converting professionalism inherent in the tourist, hotel and food area.
- Even food service operators have the opportunity of a constant update on the management of the company, on tourist welcome and efficient communication techniques.
- The Agency offers specific courses – even short-term – to all lovers of food, both Italian and foreign, who wish to appreciate the unique aspect of the area, culture and traditions. The courses concern to the preparation of typical recipes with the use and development of local products or the knowledge of most famous wines through the sensory analysis and the tasting technique.